river-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:09:54 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  We could put up a vote now, I think. What do the other mentors think?
>> One question is how many of the current active participants were
>> around for that release you cite.
>
> I am Ok with graduation. I was worried for a while that the "outgoing"
> Sun crowd (plus a "good enough" codebase) would be too much for the
> project to absorb, but Peter & Co have really managed to turn this
> into an optimistic future.

Same thoughts here. It's been great to follow the growth of this
community since last summer, and I think you'll do great as an Apache
TLP.

One thing I'd like to see before graduation is a clear roadmap for
when and how River will be migrating from com.sun (and com.artima)
packages to org.apache. Even better (but not necessary) if this
migration could be done before graduation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting