river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:48:40 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks for your ongoing support Nic,
>
> Please though if you mention names, many members of our current development
> team have put in a huge effort(not in any order):

I know, and I know the list is so long that I just abbreviated "& Co",
BUT I still maintain my opinion that you have been catalytic to get
the project back on the right track...

In any event, I agree that all the people you mention are important to
the future of River, and I am confident that the community as such is
now stronger than ever before.

As for Jukka's request on namespaces; If River makes a statement that
com.sun... (and others) will be migrated to an org.apache.river
namespace after graduation adn after the next "bug fix" release, then
I am Ok with that not blocking Graduation. net.jini namespace was from
the beginning not part of the concerns, so that can remain the
"official API" and evolution of specs in that space.

Jukka, WDYT?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer