river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: graduation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:21:58 GMT
I think that we're as a project team we're pretty much ready.  There
are two big outstanding pieces of work though.  As far as I can see,
neither of them are barriers to graduation, but both of them would be
"nice" to have done before graduation - in my opinion.

1. Modularise the build (and decide on JDK version policy, binary
compatability etc) WITH DOCUMENTATION
2. Move to org.apache namespace

My gut tells me that whichever one we do first, the second will
require us to revisit that original work.

So, do people agree that these things need to be done before
graduation and, if so, in which order.  Or can we wait until after?
Both of these will have a significant impact on our user base so the
work needs to be well publicised.