river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Does anyone understand OutriggerServerImpl?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 06:37:14 GMT
Specifically, does anyone understand
com.sun.jini.outrigger.OutriggerServerImpl's match method?

I'm investigating an intermittent unexpected match timeout under a
stress workload with a lot of running threads.

If someone happens to understand how this is supposed to work, it might
save me some time. There is enough synchronization in
OutriggerServerImpl to make me think there is some concurrency going on,
but there does not seem to be enough use of volatile and/or
synchronization to look memory model safe to me.

Patricia