river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: QA speed improvement
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:48:46 GMT
On 26-11-10 14:42, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> 2. Ensuring that the River features that are used during the current
>>> teardown are tested in some other way.
>>
>> But only if the teardown is already part of the testresult. Is it?
>
> Whether or not a teardown failure gets reflected in the test result, we
> would learn about it soon enough under current conditions, due e.g. to
> non-running of subsequent tests. I suspect we do have the formal test
> coverage, but I'll take a look at what teardown uses now, and check.

What worries me a little is the state the operating system keeps on
terminated processes. We know of the SO_REUSEADDR issue, but you seem to
experience the non-release of resources on process termination. formally
a OS bug, but if so is something we need to workaround. How definate are
you on your reports where you have problems rerunning a test caused by
the OS not releasing resources on VM exit?

Gr. Sim