river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: moving classserver port
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 01:15:59 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 11/22/2010 10:13 PM, Christopher Dolan wrote:
>> Or just use port 0 and let the OS figure it out.  The only trick then is
>> communicating the port back to the RMI codebase attribute.
>> Chris
>
> I think here we are at the heart of the problem. Deployment.
>
> You have to setup everything in configuration files and then start
> river. If you want to do this programmatically, its hard.
>
> Gr. Sim

Hmm, a Configuration service?  Eg 1000 clients might be the same machine
and have an identity they use to request a configuration service for
their current configuration?  Allowing their configuration to be
implemented in one place?  We could have redundant slave configuration
services too.

I haven't thought this out, it might not be feasible, just thinking aloud.

Cheers,

Peter.