river-dev mailing list archives

From James Grahn <jgr...@simulexinc.com>
Subject Re: New name for Jini TCK? Was: Re: River-32 Clarification of Code Provenance
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:29:20 GMT
Alternatively, we might consider something along the theme of "River
Delta" where a river meets the ocean.

Before a River opens to the wider world, it goes through the Delta.

Also, the test results represent a kind of a "delta" between what an
implementation is and what it needs to be.

I would have also suggested "confluence", where one river meets another,
but that's already taken.   I suppose there might be confusion over
"delta" as well, but I think it's more manageable because it's not an
actual product name.

Just another suggestion for where things could go, to make up for my
previous contribution.   :-)

jamesG