river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: ant run-tests does too much
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:29:17 GMT
> See http://www.patriciashanahan.com/debug/index.html for how I approach
> debug. In the debug loop, I think of a theory about what is going wrong,
> design an experiment to test it, and run the experiment.

I've scanned the mentioned url, the experiments you write about, do you
consider these different than unit tests?

In my approach a unit tests can be designed as soon as an error is
reproducable, and this unit test can be used to verify the fix of the
error. The other already existing unit tests can be run to check for
regressions. Is it just a choice of words where we differ, or do you see
a real difference in experiments and unit tests? Or do i use the term
unit test too broadly.

Gr. Sim