river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: ant run-tests does too much
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 08:47:04 GMT
> I'm having a problem with "ant run-tests" doing too much, and taking too
> long to get to the test in question.
>
> Even when run immediately after an all.build, so that all jars are up to
> date, it goes through a lot of deleting and build jars.
>
> Can anything be done about this? Is there some alternative target I can
> use that does not force rebuilding? Quick running of a single test is
> very important for debug.

I'm assuming you work with the latest version. Do you want to keep
running a single test in a loop? Thats the only reason i can think of
where you wouldn't like to build the harness-runtime and underlying
river-runtime.

If you are in a hurry, just remove the harness dependency in the
run-tests target.

Shall i include a target run-tests-nodep?

Gr. Sim