river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:36:35 GMT
On 15-11-10 09:04, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Some thoughts:
>
> I think we could move service implementations and proxy's first, client
> code should not directly depend on these and it moves large quantity of
> code to the new name space.
>
> Due to the size of the task of moving all of com.sun.* and the potential
> implications, I think we should take a softly softly approach, this
> might take a number of releases.
>
> As we rebuild the namespace we could make it more modular as we progress.

My proposal is the exact opposite. Just do it on the current codebase in
one go, and not add extra constraints to it. From a code perspective it
is a trivial excercise. Any problems i've experienced with it, were tool
breakdown, and files outside the scope of the 'refactoring engine'.

If we are all in agreement, we should merge the stuff we want included,
and then make the svn jtsk trunk single user commit.

As i've promised before i became committer i will try to do the package
rename in the code and svn, but we have to have plans for the secundary
stage (i.e. text files containing package references).

For the first stage we need to establish the following rules:
- move files with their revision history intact. (svn move = svn copy,
svn delete)
- only commit after codebase compiles.

The following steps are to be defined.

Gr. Sim