river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 01:25:21 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sim,
>>
>>  We could put up a vote now, I think. What do the other mentors think?
>> One question is how many of the current active participants were
>> around for that release you cite.
>>

> I am Ok with graduation. I was worried for a while that the "outgoing"
> Sun crowd (plus a "good enough" codebase) would be too much for the
> project to absorb, but Peter & Co have really managed to turn this
> into an optimistic future.
>

> Cheers

Thanks for your ongoing support Nic,

Please though if you mention names, many members of our current
development team have put in a huge effort(not in any order):

Jonathan Costers
Tom Hobbs
Sim IJskes
Patricia Shanahan
Greg Trasuk

& still get advise and contributions from:

Tim Blackman
Fred Oliver
Peter Jones (committer)

& receive patches from:

Bob Scheifler
Christopher Dolan
Michal Kleczek
Brian Murphy (committer)

& have received contributions from (who I'd encourage to become committers):

Gregg Wonderly
Dennis Reedy

& our Apache mentors:

Niclas
Jukka
Benson

& encouragement & from others I haven't mentioned.

Sorry if I've forgotten anybody, perhaps we can call ourselves Team River.

Cheers,

Peter.