river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Debugging River (Was: Re: new release?)
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 13:54:13 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> [...]
JDK

> Well the good news is that with debugging turned on, the test still
> fails, so it's solvable, the bad news is, I haven't worked out why yet
> and I'm not going to have much time over the next week.  Will let you
> know how I go.

It would be solvable regardless of being able to turn on debug - it is
just a bit more convenient with debug.

Combining this with your previous comment that policies may be involved,
I think this problem seems more like a case of failure depending on the
previous test run history of the machine than depending on compiler
version or timing.

My next experiment, probably on Monday, will be to run the failing tests
in each of my Ubuntu partitions to see if any of them fail. If not, I
may try setting up a clean new partition that has never run River
before, and see what happens there.

Patricia