river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: new release?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:11:39 GMT
There are a couple of possible intermittent bugs I've identified through
code inspection but that are not shown by any test. My original
motivation for getting involved in pushing QA tests was the hope that
the non-run would show these bugs.

One of them is very simple, and has a simple fix with low risk. I plan
to post my analysis and a patch for it and ask for prior code review, as
a substitute for a regression test.

The other is much more complicated, and any fix would have substantial
risk. I'm in the process of seeing if any of the newly activated QA
tests hit that area. Determining if it is a real bug, and if so fixing
it, is a longer term project and probably should not delay the next release.

My overall view is that the current trunk build is better quality than
the last release, and should be offered to users. Users can make their
own choices about whether to move to the latest build.

Patricia