river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Discovery - Denial of Service and DNS-SD
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:53:46 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:

>>> Much better, we don't need to maintain it and can distribute it with
>>> river as a library.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Peter.
>>>
>> Rather than use jini as the service type, which has already been
>> defined by Daniel Steinberg for any arbitrary Jini service, do you
>> think we should use jini-discovery as per IANA's service type
>> definition?
>>
>> jini-discovery  4160/tcp   Jini Discovery
>> jini-discovery  4160/udp   Jini Discovery
>> #                          Mark Hodapp <mark.hodapp&sun.com>
>>

>> DNS-SRV service type:
>>
>> jini-discovery
>>
>> http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html
>>
> Meaning that in the internet, any port can be used for discovery,
> provided that the "jini-discovery" DNS-SRV service type is used in DNS
> records.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Peter.

LookupLocator is used by LookupLocatorDiscovery as little more than a
String URL parser, to store the host and port information.

ConstrainableLookupLocator extends LookupLocator to support Discovery V2.

For DNS-SRV we could have a utility that searches DNS-SRV records and
creates ConstrainableLookupLocator instances for each record.  We'd have
to specify constraints for the utility to set.

Currently the Discovery and Join spec requires a jini://host:port/ or
jini://host/ syntax for URI's, if no port is specified, the default is used.

Cheers,

Peter.