river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Discovery - Denial of Service and DNS-SD
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:49:29 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> On 11/08/2010 12:39 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>>
>>> Seeing as we're not interested in Multicast DNS, we're probably better
>>> off utilising Waiter's source and integrating only the functionality we
>>> need into River. I'll ask the original author if he's happy to donate
>>> some code.
>>
>> Or http://www.dnsjava.org/, BSD license, recently updated project.
>> Used by james.
>>
>> Gr. Sim
>>

> Much better, we don't need to maintain it and can distribute it with
> river as a library.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter.

Rather than use jini as the service type, which has already been defined
by Daniel Steinberg for any arbitrary Jini service, do you think we
should use jini-discovery as per IANA's service type definition?

jini-discovery  4160/tcp   Jini Discovery
jini-discovery  4160/udp   Jini Discovery
#                          Mark Hodapp <mark.hodapp&sun.com>

DNS-SRV service type:

jini-discovery

http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html

Cheers,