river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Discovery - Denial of Service and DNS-SD
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 23:54:28 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 10:10 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> The reason to avoid V1, is mostly due to it's unicast implementation, it
>> has no privacy integrity or authentication ability and uses
>> MarshalledObject's serialized form, over which we have no control.
>
> I was talking non-sense. V1 has an array as well. I'm talking about
> the "Protocol Version 1 Announcement Packet Format", if we insert DNS
> data in the same place as this packet, would the discovery stay V1, or
> will it upgrade to V2?
>
> Gr. Sim

The discovery protocol is relevant to unicast, so perhaps we should
specify it too.

TXT keys:

txtvers=<8 bit byte version number of the DNS-SD TXT record format>
dpv=<8bit byte discovery protocol version number>
sid=<128bit hash code service ID>
grp=<comma separated list of group names to which the service belongs>

Cheers,

Peter.