river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: integrating qa build script into main build script
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 00:39:13 GMT
Jonathan Costers wrote:
> Why would we?
> The main build script is already pretty huge ... Adding the QA targets to it
> would make it even more massive and more difficult to understand.
> We have a clean separation between the actual River code and the QA code
> now, and I think that is just fine.
>
> 2010/10/31 Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl>
>

>> Shall we integrate qa build script into the main build script?
>>
>> G.Sim

Can we make qa a separate build, and just use jar files from the main
build as libraries?

My reasoning is that currently we're not testing binary compatibility
only compile time compatibility (both are important), I've run into
binary compatibility problems in the past because of the conjoined build.

 From what I've noticed, the tests change less than the build, both
should be separate, not compiling the tests every time may save some
time running the tests.

But every now and then both should be freshly compiled together to check
for method signatures problems etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Peter.