river-dev mailing list archives

From Zsolt Kúti <la.ti...@gmail.com>
Subject test framework migration - was: Re: Hudson build is back to normal
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:54:12 GMT
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 17:40:19 +0100
Jonathan Costers <jonathan.costers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Not all of them use/need a multi VM setup. Those are candidates for
> JUnit. The others would be QA candidates.
> I'm not saying it is easy to migrate any of these though, doing so
> requires knowledge of how the jtreg framework operates, as well as
> the proposed target framework (JUnit, QA).
>

> > JUnit's good when we're only testing a single object
> > implementation, we can document and expect people to utilse the qa
> > suite for more complex tests.
>
> Agreed.

Hello hard workers,

It would be worth considering the use of TestNG instead of JUnit.
I have no experience in their comparison, so relied on other
sources when I was to decid what framework to use (like this:
http://www.mkyong.com/unittest/junit-4-vs-testng-comparison/).
TestNG features that are missing from JUnit can be useful in a complex
test environment like that of River.

Zsolt