river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:59:30 GMT
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:

> Presumably, if we have an appropriate team working on River, we will get
> code quality anyway. Is there any view of how large an active committer
> community we need, and what skill range?

Skillset has never been discussed before IIRC, so that is a non-issue.

The Incubator PMC wants to see at least 3 active committers not
working for the same company. This is more than well met, and the
progress over the last year has been a good indicator, that once there
are things to scratch, people start getting involed. Good Stuff.

> I assume we would be aiming to be a top level project, not transfer to be a
> sub-project in another project.

Yes, in general, there must be very special considerations (typically,
'real small codebase') for sub-projects in Apache nowadays. If you
follow which projects are created each month, you will see that a
large set are actually not from the Incubator, but spin-off
subprojects from Lucene, Hadoop and others...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er