river-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation - Was Re: Praise for River Development team
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:50:00 GMT
A few notes.

A release is not, indeed, a formal requirement. At this point, in
practical terms, the 'requirement' is a vote from the Incubator
Project Management Committee.

On the other hand, my fellow mentors, when they brought me into the
picture, felt that a release would be a good capstone to moving River
into an active state that would easily get a positive outcome from the
IPMC.

As for the web of trust: see
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html. It would be more
better if one of you could work out a way to get your key signed by
someone else around the foundation, but that is not a prerequisite of
a release. While an in-person meeting is considered idea, it's not
required.