river-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Dolan" <christopher.do...@avid.com>
Subject RE: Java package names
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:27:00 GMT

to avoid, especially the landlord classes and Levels.  PreferredResources, for example, is
in my custom PreferredClassLoader implementation.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Shanahan [mailto:pats@acm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:54 PM
To: river-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java package names

This is troubling news. My proposed refactoring of TaskManager to enable
performance tuning depends on the assumption that, as a com.sun.* class,
it is only used within the project.

In general, we will be severely limited in our ability to progress if we
have to treat all public com.sun.* interfaces as external interfaces.

Patricia