river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Bug fixing
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:30:24 GMT
Could you set up a special Hudson build that would only run the
Solaris-failing test on Solaris, and would use a skunk branch rather
than the trunk?

Given that, I could debug on Solaris-Hudson, by editing in logging
and/or printouts. I use System.err printouts when I want to ask a
specialized question that is probably only needed for that step of that
debug effort, and I can't use Eclipse to get the data.

It would be slower than debugging on a machine under my direct control,
but not that much.

I did get some failures from the QA test of my TxnManagerImpl change, so
I need to investigate, and may need to modify the fix.

Patricia