river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Bug fixing
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 05:00:53 GMT
I've found a bug fix to com.sun.jini.mahalo.TxnManagerImpl that makes
the entire javaspace category pass. I've started a full QA run with the
fix, but that will take about a day. If anything fails as a result of
the TxnManagerImpl change I'll have to debug that, but until I get a
failure there is nothing more to do on javaspace.

There is arguably a problem in the txnmanager test category because it
did not detect the bug. Maybe I should add the txnmanager category to a
couple of the javaspace tests that use transactions.

Time pick my next bug hunt - I can start something else while the QA
test is running. Any opinions?

I could take a look at some of the skipped tests to see why they are
skipped. Maybe some of them would tell us about real bugs if we ran
them. There is also the Solaris-only bug. I can build a Solaris
VirtualBox and see if it reproduces. If not, I may need to learn how to
run things on a Hudson Solaris in order to investigate.

Patricia