river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject How can we make River's Codebase more managable? (Was: Extras (Was: PGP))
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 02:15:50 GMT
Thanks Mike,

I've had some thoughts about breaking the build into components
something like this:

jini-platform.jar  (net.jini.*, org.apache.river.api.*)
jini-policy.jar
jini-resources.jar
river-lib.jar
river-impl.jar (com.sun.*, org.apache.river.impl.*, common
implementation files)

*service-api.jar (one for each service).
eg:

lookup-service-api.jar
transaction-service-api.jar
lease-service-api.jar

Then all the service implementations proxy's eg:

Reggie-impl.jar
Reggie-proxy.jar

Each component (or module represented here by jar files) could belong to
a separate build, that depends on other components.

The qa-platform would itself be another build, and the tests relevant to
each component would be part of that component, for fast test driven
development.

The minimum requirement for a client would be:

Java 1.5
jini-platform.jar
jini-policy.jar
jini-resources.jar
river-impl.jar

and at least one or more  *service-api.jar

If a service download requires another service (which the client doesn't
directly depend) the service proxy can include these files in it's
codebase annotations.

Cheers,

Peter.