river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: How to question.
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 02:22:41 GMT
On 10/22/2010 6:53 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:

>>> $,
>>
>> It translates:
>>
>> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket$,server=y$,address=3408$,suspend=y
>>
>> to:
>>
>> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket=y=3408=y
>>
>> Which looks as though it is dropping everything from the "$," through
>> the character before the next "=".
>>
>> I've also tried "\,", and enclosing the whole argument in various
>> forms of quotes.
>>
>> Patricia
>>
> It's a long shot, but could you try:
>
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,-Xrunjdwp:server=y,-Xrunjdwp:address=3408,-Xrunjdwp:suspend=y

Worth trying, but fails the way you would expect:

      [java] ERROR: JDWP Non-server transport dt_socket must have a
connection address specified through the 'address=' option

It rejects whichever I specify first of dt_socket and address, due to
the lack of the other.

Looks like it's back to sticking in System.err.printf calls and
rebuilding. Slow and inconvenient, but at least it works.

Patricia