river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Bug fixing
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:42:39 GMT
To me, the idea of something as much concerned with remote activity as a
Jini implementation not having a single QA test that uses more than one
computer seems implausible and a bit alarming. A developer loading up
enough services on his workstation for it to play the other computer in
some remote tests seems quite plausible.

On the other hand, I have not looked at all at the tests in question, so
they may indeed be tests that *must* run single system and just mention
"resendes" for historical reasons. In that case, I'll put creating some
multi-computer tests, and finding a way of running them, on my to-do
list, unless there is a really convincing argument that River cannot
possibly have a remote-only bug.

Patricia