river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Bug fixing
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:51:06 GMT
I seem to have reached a level of understanding of River that lets me
track down some bugs, and bug fixing is an obviously useful activity, so
I plan to spend some time on it.

As I mentioned in the "Request for testing help" thread, I've
investigated the GetStateTest hang. The test is spinning waiting for the
TransactionManager's getState method to throw an exception because it
has discarded the aborted transaction. As far as I can tell, there is no
requirement that a TransactionManager discard a transaction, even when
it is permitted to do so.

I plan to file a Jira for the test, and modify it to spin for a limited
time. Treat either UnknownTransactionException or continuous return of
ABORTED status for e.g. one minute as successful test completion.

What is the next bug to work on? Any opinions?

Patricia