river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:04:27 GMT
Ok, I think that we've all got pieces of this puzzle and it's a doozy.

We can solve this, by our heads & ideas together.

I've got some thread isolation code that anticipates the StackOverflowError.

Michal's got the idea of using a reflective proxy in an annotation
Object for verification authentication.

So how about this:

Alter or extend MarshalledOutputStream to append the verification
reflective proxy after the String, in the writeAnnotation method.

Then we can use any existing URL scheme, remain compatible with earlier
versions and verify and authenticate the other end and ensure privacy
constraints have been met etc.

Then if the other end authenticates, we trust it.

This can be all isolated on a Unmarshalling Thread in a Single Thread
ExecutorService, where any StackOverflowExceptions are handled and
wrapped as IOExceptions for the client thread and no foreign code runs
or can be downloaded, until we authenticate and grant it.

Cheers,

Peter.