river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:08:10 GMT
On 10/12/2010 6:08 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 10/12/2010 12:33 PM, Michal Kleczek wrote:
>> Hmm... I think I would argue that annotation should have the codebase embedded
>> and only issue a remote call to verify this codebase - not to retrieve it.
>>
>> How about we get rid of Module interface and require annotation to be
>> RmiModule (which is final)?
>
> By re/encoding it as a String. So we can harden the MarshallInputStream to only
> accept UTF-8 String with limited length.

Remember that, you can serialize to a byte stream, sign those bytes, UUEncode or
otherwise make it an ASCII/UTF-8 string.

Imagine then, that you put "rmimod:/" on the front of that string and return it
as the annotation.

For the client, you can create a protocol handler for rmimod, which takes the
"path" value, converts to binary, checks the signature, extracts the byte stream
and then returns that byte stream from the URLStreamHandler.

Gregg Wonderly