river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 07:00:42 GMT
On 10/06/2010 02:58 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> I want this trust system to be dynamic. I want to be able to change my
>> mind.
>
> Once you've loaded the class files, that's it, the ClassLoader will only
> become garbage collected when no strong references to objects and class
> files remain. You've only got one shot at that decision.

Thats too much black and white for me. I was talking about multiple
invocations of a VM. So that means remembering trust decisions.

I we have misbehaving code, we cannot stop it easily. So that means
changing the trustlevel, and restarting the VM (no specific order). Or
are you willing to use Thread.stop()?

Gr. Sim