river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:07:35 GMT
Yes I think Sim is talking about making trust decisions and Michal and I
are talking about the handshake, we need both, I don't think we're
having an issue of agreement, just understanding.

I'd like to see some kind of feedback service, where you give a good
rating when you get a good service and a bad one when you don't.  I'd
also like to see a security advisory service, for handling discovered
vulnerabilities.  These things might be useful in making trust decisions.

I'd also like some trust levels defined, with a wider range of
permissions as trust increases.  But I'd only like to grant the
intersection of the trust level Set of Permissions and the Set requested.

I'd like to see the level of trust others are granting to a service via
feedback services, if a service misbehaves and it's caught out, the
level of trust will diminish.

Then we can go with the crowd, safety in numbers, like a school of fish,
just don't get caught in a bait ball.

Cheers,

Peter.