river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:32:35 GMT
On 10/04/2010 05:49 PM, Mike McGrady wrote:
> I think that we need to decide what the requirements are?  Anyone else thinking this?
 NSA has a tee shirt saying, "We trust in trust".

Defining requirements is good. But an excercise determining if jini is
ready for the internet is also good. This excercise can consist of
discussion of pros and cons of keeping the existing code, or adding code
to it. By having arguments and counter arguments we can build an
(collective) instinctive feeling for the strength and weaknesses of jini.

I'm sure the original jini team had similar discussions, maybe not over
email, but more around a beer, or at the coffee machine. We need to
rebuild this team coherence.

Gr. Sim

BTW: i also do trust trust, and even i trust trust is trust.