river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:51:12 GMT
On 10/04/2010 01:42 PM, Michal Kleczek wrote:
> I don't think it is impossible since I do it all the time -
> switches/bridges/routers are third parties that I do not trust but I use them
> to securely communicate with my bank :) Why code servers or ServiceRegistrars
> should be any different?

This is why TLS is so important. With TLS you have authentication and
encryption in one solution. You can configure the level of encryption
and the mechnisms for authentication differently for each application.

It provides you with an end-to-end solution, so you can use any insecure
path you like.

Gr. Sim