river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 23:49:43 GMT
I think what's happening is we're bumping into the limits of the JVM,
because the JVM can't protect us from DOS, we want to rely on trust.

The DOS we're worrying about here is not wide scale DOS, but individual
JVM DOS.

The JVM can't place any restrictions on the downloaded code, like limits
on %CPU, %Network and %Memory consumption.

Solaris Zones has these features, they were part of the Isolates API
implemented in the MVM and subset is implemented in Java ME CLDC.

JNode has the Isolates API, but it's intended to replace the whole OS.

Tim Blackman was researching using separate JVM's, any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter.