river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleJeri
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:42:11 GMT

On Oct 13, 2010, at 1227PM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

>> Not sure about errors at this point, just questions. Simple one that
>> comes to mind is I'm not sure why you need a JiniComponent
>> annotation, seems unnecessary, looks to be just a marker? If the
>> client passes in the class, why not just go find that?
>
> If the marker annotation is not present, the classname is used, isn't it? By using a
marker, you can easily mark different services with the same marker, and save some work.

Okay, so it seems that today is my day for misreading things :) What you have is a JiniComponent
that is used to obtain configuration details, got it. Similar to http://www.rio-project.org/apidocs/org/rioproject/config/Component.html

Dennis