river-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Kleczek <michal.klec...@xpro.biz>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (trust)
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:48:22 GMT
On Tuesday 05 of October 2010 16:36:47 Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> On 10/1/2010 12:38 PM, Michal Kleczek wrote:
> > When I think about it some more - the below idea is not enough and we
> > need a more general solution.
> > How about class annotation not being a String but rather an object... I
> > have to give it some more thought.
>
> There are been some thought and discussion about doing this.  It is
> possible, but the problem becomes that if you send an object with the
> annotation, then how does the receiver unmarshall that object?  Is that
> object something that everyone knows about ahead of time?

My line of thought was - yes. It would have to be something similar to
ProxyTrust - a factory to receive an Unmarshaller.
I haven't really given it enough thought.

But I am more and more convinced that doing that at the higher (proxy
preparation) level - as I described it earlier - could actually be enough.

Michal