river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Jini Surrogate. Was: Re: [PROPOSAL] Lookup Discovery and Join Kit; Sub Project
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:38:25 GMT

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 21:26, Benson Margulies wrote:

> > I've abandoned any ideas of continuing the Jini Surrogate Architecture
> > implementation, since I haven't been able to satisfy the code provenance
> > rules, despite the code being released under the Apache License 2.0 and
> > covered by a Patent Non-Assertion Covenant.
>
> I'm completely not up to speed on this, but if legal gave you a frown,
> I guess that's that.

For what it's worth, I've begun a clean-room implementation of Surrogate
starting from the spec, although I make no promises as to how quickly it
will proceed.  I'm curious - should I start committing with the
in-progress code or wait til there's something approaching a working
module?  Personally I'd prefer committing as we go, since (a) I'm much
happier with code in version control and (b) people might be able to
give opinions and assistance.

Then, if the word is commit now, where in the tree should I put it?

Cheers,

Greg.

--
Greg Trasuk, President