river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Standard Annotations for Jini Deployment (Was: Extras (Was: PGP))
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:04:59 GMT

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 11:10, Gregg Wonderly wrote:

> The same service can then be deployed into other containers if those containers
> support the River standard mechanisms by looking at deployed service classes for
> an interface/abstract class and then calling methods appropriately.
>
> Any suggestions on what kind of API we need?  I have some thoughts, but perhaps
> others have already done this themselves?
>
> Gregg Wonderly

The one thought I have is that we should probably favour a set of
annotations (a-la-EJB) rather than a service interface.  I have a
service interface from Harvester that I'd be happy to move over into
'net.jini' and contribute (as I'm sure Gregg has, and Dennis has, and
Mark, etc), but I think EJB3 showed the vast superiority of an
annotation-based approach over an interface approach.

I'm pretty sure somebody already did this for their own project.  If
you're there, could you point us to it?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk
--