river-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Build crashes (Was: Re: Request for testing help)
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:40:08 GMT
I think I identified the cause of the issue:

PreferredListgen, ClassDep and JarWrapper classes are executed during the
build, but the <java> task does not have the attribute "fork" set to "true".
The Ant documentation for <java> mentions that sometimes strange things can
happen without using fork=true ... So they recommend setting it if that
happens.
I tried doing that over the weekend, and let the build run for 200
consecutive times, using a bash script with a for loop.
I didn't see a single VM crash anymore.