river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services (versioning)
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:59:49 GMT
On 29-09-10 10:26, Zoltan Juhasz wrote:
> The API approach that Jini takes requires up-front design work and same say
> these systems will inherently be brittle. I think versioning is a problem in
> both approaches. What is more interesting in the API approach is that

Are you refering to the scenario, where the server definition of the API
is updated, and the client is still using the old one?

An easy solution for this, would be the simultaneous deployment of both
server and client code.

Adding a method to a class, should pose no problem, changing class
hierachies does.

Gr. Sim