river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Build crashes (Was: Re: Request for testing help)
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:59:20 GMT
On 9/25/2010 3:02 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 09/25/2010 11:45 AM, Jonathan Costers wrote:
>> as you can derive from this snippet:
>
> Thanks, but are we debugging the VM or the part we have influence on.
> Did we cause a sequence error in the build process or not? Is this
> caused by assuming some kind of state, without initializing?
>
> Gr. Sim

Or it could even be both a build script problem and a tools problem. We
could have a problem in the build that creates an unusual situation that
is handled incorrectly, causing a crash rather than an error report.

After looking at the behavior of my VMs, I'm wondering if this is a
first-build-after-boot problem.

Patricia