river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Towards Internet Jini Services
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:30:39 GMT
On 9/25/2010 1:41 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Who's interested in Internet based Jini Services?

> 8. Security Improvements for trust, monitoring behaviour, stopping
> and reporting incidents of breaching trust.

I may have an interesting opportunity in this area. For the last few
years, I've been a graduate student at the University of California, San
Diego, completing my Ph.D. in computer science in December of last year.
I maintain contacts with the UCSD CSE department, and I'm still on their
mailing lists.

I just got an e-mail about a series of informal "Security Lunches" where
a bunch of graduate students and researchers interested in security will
be getting together once a week to eat sandwiches, discuss issues,
present papers to each other etc.

I may be able to function as a bridge between the River project and
UCSD's security researchers. For example, if we could work up a
presentation on any proposed security changes I could try to get an
opportunity to present it to the security lunch and report back on any
problems and suggestions.

Before I can do anything useful in this area I need to study it - I'm
working through the papers and presentations you e-mailed me previously.

Patricia