river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Request for testing help
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:04:08 GMT
I seem to have lost my ability to run tests successfully directly on
WindowsXP. Even a clean check-out of the trunk head, without my
experimental changes, gets errors.

Meanwhile, I ran some tests under Ubuntu, and one qa.run test got a
NullPointerException in com/sun/jini/test/spec/eventmailbox/EMSRIFT_PULL2.td

A re-run of the qa.run test that first got the failure did not repeat
it. I have started repeatedly running the one test, and got one more
failure out of 568 runs, so far. I am continuing the repeated run to get
a more statistically significant estimate of the failure rate.

This is obviously going to be difficult to debug, or even to know if we
have fixed it after a change. The bug may have existed for a long time.

Patricia