river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: all QA tests pass on ubuntu2!
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:14:33 GMT
Jonathan Costers wrote:
> Actually, not *all* tests, just all the categories I configured to run ..
> But nearly all tho.

Certainly a lot more tests than we had running before.

> Categories that are still missing (not configured to run by Hudson for now):
> - javaspace: found quite some issues running this category (see previous
> report)
> - txnmanager: one of these tests hangs on me .. finding out why, also some
> other issues to work out
> - scalability: not sure about the purpose of these tests

Maybe I should take a look at that category. Most of the tests I've
looked at so far use very small numbers of services etc. There is a need
to test both for functional correctness and for performance under higher
load. Maybe some of those tests are in the "scalability" category.

In general, I suspended work on tests that seemed to be missing while
you are working on getting the existing tests working. As your work
stabilizes, I want to go back and repeat some tests to see whether some
dangerous situations are now being tested.

> - end2end: one test needs Kerberos, for the others I get some other errors
>
> And of course there's the regression tests we have in the jtreg directory.
> I am experimenting to port these to either JUnit or QA tests, eventually
> removing the dependency on the jtreg tool.

I dropped trying to get the jtreg tests running in my preferred
environment, MS WindowsXP+cygwin. If you can get rid of the jtreg
dependency I won't have to pick it up again.

Any chance of integrating the QA source code tree into a single source
code tree with the actual code? Under Eclipse, I've so far only been
able to work with River by creating a pair of matched projects, one for
src and the other for qa/src, and making the QA project depend on the
main source project.

Patricia