river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: all QA tests pass on ubuntu2!
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:08:28 GMT
Jonathan, this progress is excellent news for anybody trying to actively
develop.

Beware of replacing jtreg though, Peter Jones warned there'd be no way
of confirming the regression tests actually worked on another test
framework, because the tests were created to simulate a bug / error,
repeatability was confirmed prior to fixing bugs.  We'd have no way of
confirming the failure condition, unless we recreate the bug.

jtreg might be something we should schedule Hudson to run on a regular
basis.

Peter.