river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Modular Build, Java 5, (Was: Re: Unexpected Test Results)
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:30:11 GMT
On 09/15/2010 01:56 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> I don't want to have to answer user queries like: "I've set up a new
> djinn group for my new Apache River nodes, but my existing Jini nodes
> can't discover the new group. The new nodes are using my existing
> programs and they work among themselves, but the new Registrars aren't
> working with my older nodes. The new nodes services work with my old
> clients only if they register with existing Registrars. Reggie seems
> broken in Apache River 2.2.0?"

Why don't we just worry about creating a working River, and let the
compatibility issues be solved by the market? Most deployments are done
within the boundaries of a single organization. They should have done
this incompatible upgrade multiple times, it not something that is
unique to a river upgrade. Most bigger organizations will have their own
software-library, and establish their own software baselines by cloning
our vcs.

Keep compatible: -1

Gr. Sim