river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: New version of TaskManager
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:22:12 GMT
On 9/13/2010 9:42 AM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> On 9/12/2010 5:51 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> Peter Firmstone wrote:
>>> Thanks for the link, do you have a patch with some tests? I can run
>>> them if you like.
>>
>> My next step is going to be to make the changes to the rest of the
>> code for the new interface, and start testing. I don't think there is
>> any need to commit until I've done at least some tests.
>
> You've probably already got things straightened out by now, but one of
> things that I do when I consolidate a default implementation, is make
> the super version "final" so that I get compilation errors everywhere
> that it was used before (or I rename it) and then I can look at each
> place to make sure that I've not missed anything in understanding what
> the default should do, as well as understanding what the non-defaults
> are doing, in case there is another "standardize" opportunity inside of
> them.

I strongly agree with all this. I'm just waiting for resolution of the
1.4 vs. 1.5 issue to be able to produce a patch for the new interface,
old implementation version. I did use a final runAfter with the old
parameters to make sure I either removed or updated every runAfter
implementation.

My first attempt at a run with the new implementation produced 16 test
failures, so I have some work to do. I'm hoping they are all my bugs in
TaskManager, because that would be easy to track down and fix.

Patricia