river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gregg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New version of TaskManager
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:42:37 GMT
> Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> Thanks for the link, do you have a patch with some tests?  I can run them if
>> you like.
>
> My next step is going to be to make the changes to the rest of the code for
> the new interface, and start testing. I don't think there is any need to
> commit until I've done at least some tests.

You've probably already got things straightened out by now, but one of things
that I do when I consolidate a default implementation,  is make the super
version "final" so that I get compilation errors everywhere that it was used
before (or I rename it) and then I can look at each place to make sure that I've
not missed anything in understanding what the default should do, as well as
understanding what the non-defaults are doing, in case there is another
"standardize" opportunity inside of them.

Surely your IDE "search for definitions" shows you same thing, but I just find
"final" to make it easy to not "forget" to fix everything.

Gregg Wonderly