river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: New version of TaskManager
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:51:53 GMT
Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Thanks for the link, do you have a patch with some tests?  I can run
> them if you like.

My next step is going to be to make the changes to the rest of the code
for the new interface, and start testing. I don't think there is any
need to commit until I've done at least some tests.

> Did you try Jonathan's recommendations for logging using a
> build.properties file and a logging.properties file in your home directory?

I tried a build.properties and a logging file both in the trunk
directory, with the build.properties pointing to the logging file. I
checked the parameters being passed to a typical test, and it had picked
up my file, so the problem has to be in the file contents. I'll do some
more checking.

> Jonathan's our build Guru, we'd be stuffed without his contributions.

Indeed. I'm less knowledgeable than I really like in these areas,
because I did my original programming on punch cards. All my work on
large projects after that was done as part of a team that included a
build/tools guru who set everything up.

Patricia