river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: helper classes for running without lookup
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:24:44 GMT
I put a page on the Wiki about how to write self-healing proxy, I want to
tidy that up and make it formal.

I also want to write some simple helper classes for discovery (using lookup
services).

I also want to write some (very) simple abstract classes which can be easily
extended to get very simple River services running.  In my opinion, having a
class which assumed a lot of defaults which other developers could just
extend to get their own services running would help them to start playing
with River; without getting scared away by having to delve into the specs
and detail.

I don't mind about using a skunk or just adding to the trunk.  The Ant
script will also need updating to build this extra JAR.